The Hobie Kayak Sail on the Outback, Revolution Sport, Adventure, Outfitter or Oasis makes an amazing little sailboat. It is the unique combination of the MirageDrive and the hand controlled rudder that make it work so well. You steer with your fingertips, control the mainsheet with the other hand and pedal with your feet. The fins of the MirageDrive provide lateral resistance, just like the centerboard of a sailboat. You'll be amazed how just a little effort with the pedals will make your Hobie Kayak perform like a considerably bigger sailboat. With your Kayak Sail, you'll go farther faster!
The sail furls nicely around the mast and can be stowed on the deck, on the right. Stretch cords will hold it in place. The sail can be raised and lowered in a matter of seconds on the water.
• Large window for great visibility
• 2-piece aluminum mast
• Furling hook to hold sail in rolled position
• Downhaul Bungee to insure proper sleeve tension
• Mainsheet included
• Overall Height: 10 ft 3 in (includes mast)
• Sail Area: 20 1/4 sq.ft (1.9 sq m)
• Weight: 1.46 lbs. (Add 2.58 for mast weight)• Luff: 102"
An adapter kit is required to use a kayak sail kit on older Mirage Tandem kayaks (pre 2006).
Oversize shipping charges may apply. Call or email for details.
- Item #: HC 84514001
- Manufacturer: Hobie